Sunday, October 30, 2011

This is Halloween....

Meet the kiddos. Yes, they are adorable and I love them.
I wanted to over poor my little obsession with owls on my little miss.
 I took an old t-shirt of my sons and used about 1/4 a yard of the pink felt and 1/2 a yard of the grey felt. After who knows how many hours of sitting in front of the tv cutting out who knows how many feathers I stitched them on. believe it or not the stitching was pretty fast (I didn't want to glue them all because of the weight). I tore off the sleeves so they wouldn't be seen. Then guessed on the length of the wings. The felt keeps her pretty warm so trick or treating should be pretty nice!
I love how it turned out and think she makes a pretty adorable owl!

 This is my Gus man. He is a fire ball. I don't usually get lucky with him and pictures but when I do, they just melt my heart. I wanted to take advantage of him not really choosing what he wanted to be because he still doesn't quite understand Halloween. So I made him an Oompa Loompa!
 The brown turtle neck is from Walmart. I bought about 1/2 a yard of white fleece and laid out a pair of Gus' pants and drew out the pattern. It was a guess I got pretty lucky with. I used a bowl to exaggerate the humps in the legs so they would be even. I then cut out stripes and glued them on the shirt. The make up is bare minerals tanning powder:)

I am so excited for trick or treating tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment