Wednesday, November 16, 2011

wood frame


Have you seen these wood frames online? Have you seen their price tag?
Well I love the look just not the price
With just a hand saw and some MDF you can recreate a very similar product.

 I would suggest maybe finding a shape you like online and print a blueprint of it, this was done free hand.
This board is also about 1/2 inch thick, I would maybe do a full inch or even thicker. But hey it cost about $13. ($10 for the wood, and $3 for a can of spray paint) Router the edges, if you do not have access to a router it still looks pretty good just a plain edge, or just start baking all those carpenters you know cookies in hopes they will let you borrow theirs. Once routed give it a good sanding to even out the rough edges and then paint.

Eventually I will cut out the center like the picture above but I already had this canvas print and figured I would make use of what I already had.

No comments:

Post a Comment