Monday, September 12, 2011

daisies and moss

This dangle above my rocker in baby girls nursery. Since my nursery is in more of a botanical theme (if that makes any sense) I knew I wanted something like this. I searched but all I could find were dinky little ones, which were cool but I wanted BIG! So I took myself to Hobby Lobby and found a bag of moss (~$4) a styrofoam ball (~$6 with coupon) and got to work. I poked a hole all the way through top to bottom and put the ribbon in and plugged in my glue gun. After way too many burns to count and a mess of moss, (this is definitely and outdoor project) I came up with these
If you have seen the daisy balls before you know just how beautiful they are in 3d, I'm not talking about the cheap flimsy ones, I mean the full lush thick ones. You may also know just how expensive they are... YIKES! In my opinion the flower selection at Hobby Lobby exceeds Roberts and Joanns but that's just me. As an added bonus Hobby Lobby had all there flowers at 50% off (which happens like every 3rd week or so) These particular daisies were $1, I needed about 35 for a larger ball plus another large styrofoam ball. I trimmed the stems so they were only like 2" long and poked them into the styrofoam. I didn't need to glue them in or anything, just poking the stems in worked just fine. Added with some cute ribbon and there you go

No comments:

Post a Comment