Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ruffle tree skirt

Like many other ladies with a good eye, I pinned THIS on pinterest and knew I didn't want it to just be a "someday" pin... I had to make it asap.


So I did, of course. After some blisters and loving husband to tend after the little ones, I finished!
Just some notes, my ruffles are 2" a friend of mine did this skirt with 3" ruffles which means less rows but it was breath taking, I kind of wish I would have done 3" just because of the time.
You get to choose the lesser of 2 evils, if you use a high temp glue gun, you get burned... use a glove (garden, snow, etc.)... if you use a low temp glue gun you will get blisters from squeezing the trigger.
My fabric is muslin from hobby lobby (originally $5 a yard but 40% off!) I used a canvas drop cloth like in the tutorial, mine was a 5x5 from home depot (~$7)
I love it and am so happy to finally have a beautiful tree skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment